WHAT IS A MONTAGE?
DEFINITION OF MONTAGE: The technique of combining in a single composition pictorial elements from various sources.
What are the steps into creating a montage?
- THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SESSION. Multiple poses are needed to create a montage. Proper lighting of the subject is crucial and the session very often is done in the studio. Of course, there are times the session must be done outdoors, i.e., track and field, horses, cars.
- EVALUATION OF THE POSES. Just as no two snowflakes are identical, there are no two photographic sessions that are identical. Each person or subject will have a unique look. Only a few poses make it to the editing stage. It is from the final shots that a montage is envisioned.
- EXTRACTING THE IMAGES. The selected images are carefully extracted from their background.
4. CREATIVE COMPOSITION. Input from the subject, the mood of the images, and the imagination of the creator are the ingredients for the final ONE-OF-KIND montage.
5. PRODUCTION. Only the finest professional artwork laboratories are used to produce the final product. Because of the brilliant nature of some montages, only metal artwork will do it justice. If the montage has a softer feel, only museum quality canvas will showcase it the best.